Stage: Live Assessment Development
Description: Authoring Functional Skills assessments can place considerable demands on management time and be correspondingly expensive. The Functional Skills criteria are complex, and the authoring process is more demanding than for almost any other assessment we have encountered. Typically, development timescales are required to be short while quality and review requirements are high. Each member of the team must be managed and supported through the life of the project.
AlphaPlus offers a full outsourcing service for the authoring of Functional Skills assessments.
- recruiting authors from our associate pool
- developing and agreeing with the awarding organisation a style guide and review templates
- producing all materials for live Functional Skills tests, including test papers, mark schemes, test specifications, images / data files, exemplars, support/pre-release materials, and coverage tracking sheets
- attending and contributing to standardisation meetings
Typical package: Costs depend on subject and delivery platform, but guideline costs per assessment are as follows:
- English: £5,200 (includes reading, writing and SLC assessments)
- Mathematics: £2,200
- ICT: £2,325